So what's the big deal with raw aloe vera gel? Here's five interesting facts:
1. It promotes hair growth: activates new hair growth along with the growth of already existing hair follicles by increasing blood circulation to the scalp.
2. It aids with hair loss issues: known to lessen the effects of Alopecia.
3. It's a fabulous skin/hair moisturiser,
4. A great natural hair conditioner,
5. Stops dandruff and prevents it from reoccurring, due to it's anti-fungal properties.
How can we use it on our hair?
5 Home Remedies
Maintaining Hair Moisture Balance
- Mix 1/4 cup of almond oil with half a cup of aloe Vera gel. Apply the mixture on your scalp and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. This home remedy will help in retaining the moisture level of your hair.
- You can directly squeeze the gel from a Aloe Vera plant. Massage it into your hair and scalp, cover with a shower cap/plastic bag and towel, then leave on for 30 minutes. You can try this home remedy once every 2 weeks to promote healthy hair growth.
- To make a shampoo with Aloe Vera at home, mix half a cup of Aloe Vera gel, half a cup of coconut milk and one fourth cup of wheat germ oil to form a liquid paste. Use this paste as a shampoo to wash your hair.
- Take the gel of Aloe Vera and mix it with honey. Now apply it to the scalp, leave on for 20 minutes then rinse with warm water. This home remedy will bring shine to your hair.
- Mix two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel with a 3/4 cup of mayonnaise and a finely chopped tomato. Apply it to your hair, just before going to bed. Wrap it securely and wash out in the morning. This treatment will leave your hair feeling soft and strengthened.
Natural Aloe Vera is an ideal alternative to commercial hair products, which have harsh chemicals in them.
If you are experiencing hair loss, there are several things that could be responsible. Such as:
- Scalp infections,
- Reaction to medication,
- An illness,
- Vitamin or mineral deficiencies, etc
Please consult with your doctor, to learn the actual cause behind your hair loss, before trying natural remedies. Natural Notts highly recommends a licensed Trichologist.
Feel free to share this article via the buttons below.
Miss Natural Notts