Ever noticed the growth of mold in your coconut oil? The main reason for this is your product coming into contact with water and/or bacteria.
How Does This Happen?
- Dipping a wet utensil into your jar to scoop some out.
- Placing wet, moist or dry fingers into your jar whilst using your product.
- Leaving the lid off, allowing the content to come into contact with a moist, humid atmosphere. (Different rooms in your home may have different temperatures.
Such conditions promote mold growth.
How to Minimise Coconut Oil Contamination
Basically do the opposite to the above bullet points.
- Always store your oil in a cool dry place.
- Always use a dry, clean utensil to remove your oil, when it's in a solid state.
- Always put the lid on after you've taken out what you need.
Feel free to comment, "like" or share this article with your friends and family members, via the tabs below.
Loreen Hall - Miss Natural Notts